Monday, August 30, 2010

Muskoka Beer Festival - Success!



I just got back from the 2nd annual Muskoka Beer Festival and boy was it a fun time. I sold hundreds of cupcakes, tasted a few hoppy ales and baked myself in the sun. It's amazing when you believe in what you're doing how anything you saw as a negative before, suddenly becomes positive and anything that seemed like work before, seems so easy now and a thrill and a privilege. I couldn't have been happier wandering the grounds with a tray of beer cakes offering treats to one and all. When I was working as an event photographer, I cringed at the thought of barging into conversations to take photos and I dreaded that time of night when everyone passed tipsy and moved on to down right drunk. But I seemed to thrive in the same situation when it was my cupcakes I was selling! Hurray!


I was also selling these Sassy Lamb trucker hats at the event and I can't say how exciting it was to look up and see random people wearing my hats! They were for sale at the gate so it was a nice little surprise when someone showed up at my booth wearing one. Here is a little papparazzi shot I snapped of one random purchaser. I think the text she is sending went something like this:

"you have got to get down to Muskoka Beerfest, I found this totally rad hat and they are selling these cupcakes for only $1 - they will change your life!"



I also met this cute little couple. He bought her a whole tray of vegan cuppies at the end of the day. She told me he does stuff like that for her all the time. I liked them so much I gave them my tray! Ha! Note to self: purchase some take away boxes for those wanting large quantities!



And sweeter then every cupcake I sold on Saturday is my boyfriend's mom, Nancy Robinson. She offered to walk around in the insane heat selling cupcakes for me. I popped a Sassy hat on her head and she was off! She sold 2 whole trays in no time! What a star!



Thanks to everyone that helped me out this weekend, especially Marta who I could not even have fathomed doing any of this without. And if all goes as planned I will be doing another festival in North Bay in the next couple months. I will keep you posted!

~ The Sassy Lamb

No comments:

Post a Comment